Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Chatuchak Weekend Market, Lost in Thailand



Alohaaa…. Its me again!

This time I would like to share my story going to chatuchak weekend market and how we lost in Thailand. Hope you enjoy it and happy reading.


It was our first Sunday in Thailand. I and my friends decided spent our weekend in chatuchak. Chatuchak is a largest weekend market In Thailand. There were always crowded every weekend. Cause many foreigners and visitors come to buy souvenirs and bring them back to their country. If you want to find cheap shirts, cheap clothes, cheap skin cares, cheap cosmetics, cheap shoes, cheap food, cheap souvenirs and many more, chatuchak is the exact place then. Actually we wanted spend our weekend at central plaza westgate. But, we changed our mind after watched a youtube video about chatuchak.
 

We ride a grab car to get to chatuchak. We thought it’s the best way to get there quickly. Yeah I know grab car is pretty expensive, but we planned ride other cheaper public transportation when we back to apartment. It took about 22 minutes from Bang Kruai district to chatuchak weekend market. As always, chatuchak area crowded and traffic, so our driver just dropped us in front of gate 23. We walked inside and looked around for a while. We started our shopping spree and bought many stuffs. Time flies, and we felt hungry. We decided for had our lunch at nearly mall, and we used GPS for searched the nearly mall.

Gotcha! We found it. It’s a metro mall, just 7 minutes walk from chatuchak. But, do you know what happened after 7 minutes walked? Yup you’re right ! we didn’t found any mall. We asked Thai  people around there, but they couldn’t talk English. Some of them understand what we said, but they cant response with English too. That’s why we chose another mall for lunch, and we chose central plaza. And can you guess again what? We did it, Yeayyy! For 23 minutes walked from Mo Chit station, finally we arrived at central plaza mall. We had our lunch at bon chon chicken and back to chatuchak by MRT.


Actually, we found the MRT station accidently. When we walked in, I heard my friend said something about metro mall. i looked back to my friend position and saw him pointed on somewhere, and do you know what again? The one that my friend pointed was The Metro Mall we looked for before. Oh My Godness! Shame on me! It was so embarrassing when my friend mock me with ‘do you know where the metro mall is?’ question along way we went back to chatuchak. Oh, really I didn’t know that metro mall is a MRT station tiny mall. No wonder why we cant found the mall on the ground, because it was underground mall for MRT station. One more time, Shame on me!

Okay, can we stop talk about Metro Mall and continue my story now?

For ride MRT you only paid 19 THB for through 2 or 3 stations. It was my first time for ride MRT in Thailand, and it felt so amazing. I was so excited, also with my friends. We stopped at chatuchak park station and continued our shopping spree till dawn.

When we wanted back home, we got trouble. And here’s the drama begun. According to our grab driver explanation, we have a couple choices to get back to bang kruai. First, we can ride bus. Second, we can ride MRT. Third, we can ride Van. Fourth, we can ride grab car (again). Fifth, we can ride taxi meter. That’s why we need to discussed about it, and we chose MRT without knowing what station we would stop. 

One of my friend said ‘don’t be afraid, you’re not alone. Lets figured it out, we wont know if we don’t try it’. Hahaha I knew that we were so brave, we know the risk we would face. But we still chose the unsure one. And I just realized we weren’t brave, we were desperate at that time. Honestly, I was scared that time. I mean like,  I lost in a strange place literally, with feeling exhausted and I have to go to school again tomorrow for teaching. But the fear disappeared when I saw my friends face. I know, no matter how far you lost, no matter how tired you are, as long as you with your company, you will always save. Finally, we arrived at Ministry of Public Health Station and went home by grab car again.

I think its all for this blog, see you again in another post!

xoxo
Lita <3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Report - School : General Information and Academic Administration

SELF REPORT On the next day, we went to our cooperating school. I had chance to teach at Bodindecha (Sing Singhaseni) Nonthaburi Sch...