Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Field Trip to King Rama II Memorial Park & Amphawa Floating Market



Welcome back again…….

Are you ready for another trip?

Okay, lets begin….

It was January 19th, all of us, fellow participants of SEA Teacher Batch 7th in VRU, we had our field trip to Amphawa floating market and King Rama II Memorial Park. We went there by bus. But, the bus wouldn’t pick us at Bang Kruai, they will pick us up in front of Central Plaza Westgate together with our friends from Satit Bangna School. 




We went to Central Plaza Westgate at 6 am by songtaew and arrived at 6.30 am. We waited there for about 30 minutes until the bus picks us up. Amphawa floating market and King Rama II Memorial Park located at Samut Songkhram Province.


The first place we visited was King Rama II Memorial Park that place told us the history of King Rama II life history. This park was built to honor King Rama II and is run by a royally-supported foundation. King Rama II was awarded the status of Person of the World by UNESCO for his contributions to the arts and culture of Thailand, and his achievements are celebrated in this compound. 


In addition, the King Rama II Museum, composed of four buildings, houses artifacts from the early Rattanakosin era, King Rama II’s household furniture, and showcases the lives of Thais during the king’s reign. 

And now, the question is.... how to get there? 

To get there by public transport, take a bus at the Municipal Market of Amphoe Mueang Samut Songkhram, traveling from Mae Klong to Bang Nok Khwaek and Ratchaburi, and get off in front of the park. By car, take Highway 35 (Thon Buri–Pak Tho) to Km 63 and drive through the town of Samut Songkhram. Switch to Highway 325 (SamutSongkhram–Bang Phae) and take a left turn between Km 36-37 for around approximately 1 kilometer. The park is open during weekdays from 8.30 am–5.00 and on weekends from 8.30 am-5.30 pm.





We also visited the Amphawa Floating Market. We visited it on the weekend when it was not opened. But about the riverside shops were opened and the market was still opened. My Thai buddy said the market was available in the morning (Saturday and Sunday) since around 10 am, unfortunately, we just arrived at King Rama II Memorial Park that time. Nutter (my Thai buddy) also said that it would be better if you visited it at night. Because there were many fireflies fly on the river and it must be awesome. I wish I could visit it at night someday J. We bought many kinds of stuff there. From cha yen or commonly known as Thai tea, Kao Man Gai or you can say it Chicken rice, also fish cake, and crab and many more. Some of my friends took the boat tour, but I didn’t because I was too exhausted and just wanted to rest in our bus. Yeah, it sounds boring, but I really needed rest. I felt dizzy and my feet hurt, I lost my enthusiast suddenly, I just wanted home and going to bed soon. So, I decided to go back to our bus and waited for them back. A few minutes later, my friends and mentors back to the bus and we went home. It was a looooong day for me. when I arrived at my apartment, I go to bed immediately. 

sorry for being moody in this trip :( 
but I really felt tired. See ya on the other post ~

xoxo
Lita <3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Report - School : General Information and Academic Administration

SELF REPORT On the next day, we went to our cooperating school. I had chance to teach at Bodindecha (Sing Singhaseni) Nonthaburi Sch...