Monday, February 18, 2019

Self Report - Summary and Suggestion


#Selfreport 6
Summary and Suggestions


1.       Purpose of practicum
The purpose of the practicum is to prepare a great future teacher that can adjust to any condition in any country. When he/she teach in the school that doesn’t have advanced technology, he/she can still teach very well. He/she still can deliver the lesson with other innovative media or games that they make by themselves. We also can improve our teaching skill, and English skill to communicate with students, teachers, friends, and other people.  This practicum also opens our mind about something new. We might act or think bad when we face something new or something different with our habit. But, by this practicum, we can understand and respect each other, respect the culture, respect the differences in diversity. The practice also builds a relationship between you and your new environment, and it makes you found another comfort zone even in a strange place.  

2.       Procedures of Practicum
The procedure of practicum in a month of internship program are Orientation day in receiving university VRU, Class observation with cooperating teacher in Bodindecha School, Teaching assist, Teaching Practice, Teaching Evaluation, Reflection, and Farewell Party.

3.       Outcomes of Practicum
There are 3 outcomes of the practicum, they are :
-          The practicum improves skills, such as English, teaching, communication.
-          The practicum gains more knowledge in teaching and pedagogy
-          The practicum changes me into an innovative teacher, think out of the box, solve every problem in class quickly.

4.       The challenges of Practicum
In my case, the biggest challenge while practicum is the language barrier and time allocation. Because for lower secondary level students, most of them don’t understand English very well. And I was a teacher also can't talk Thai fluency. The Thai language has 5 tones of pronouncing. So, if you pronounce it with a different tone, the mean would be different also. That’s why I use many body actions when I explain the topic of the lesson. Pictures also helpful when I teach them. Lucky me that English science doesn’t have deep content like Thai Science.


5.       Overall Impression
There are many things I want to tell when I through this program. Experience, it's just a word with so many stories inside. Even there are challenges, no matter how hard through it I still can see the beauty in it. I had a very good time during this program with everyone. With my company, with Bodindecha Teachers, With Students, with my coordinating teacher, with my department teachers, with my mentor in VRU, with my SEA Teacher fellow participants. They help me to be a better teacher in the future. Thank you for sharing experience and happiness with me. I will always remember this journey. See you again, thank you for the awesome 30 days in Thailand.
6.       Suggestion for Future Improvement
Suggestion for future improvement of this program is please extend the duration of the program. One month is too short for teaching and explores the country, but it was so fun. Even in a short time I still can make memories and improve in any aspect. thank you for letting me in through this program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Report - School : General Information and Academic Administration

SELF REPORT On the next day, we went to our cooperating school. I had chance to teach at Bodindecha (Sing Singhaseni) Nonthaburi Sch...